North Star Swindon
Indoor Ski & Leisure Centre
Architectural Assistant Part II
* Process from project design up to planning submission
* RIBA stage 0-3 development
* Conceptual design / research / feasibility studies
* Graphic representation / virtual reality
* 3D modelling / technical detailing
'Plans for the leisure destination include a 2,000 square metre snow centre featuring two real-snow slopes; a twelve screen cinema with the largest IMAX screen in the UK; a bowling alley; an indoor trampolining centre; a 130 room hotel; and a variety of shops, bars and restaurants.
The scheme, which has been earmarked as a priority by Swindon Borough Council, will bring back into use former-industrial land to the north of Swindon town centre known as the North Star site. The land, which sits adjacent to Oasis Leisure Centre, was previously occupied by the Great Western Railway Works, prior to demolition in 2009 to make way for redevelopment.'
- Extract from FaulknerBrowns Archive